The Case of the Lost Letter

A client’s daughter received a letter from Canada Revenue Agency requesting rent receipts or copies of cancelled cheques to support a claim on her tax return. But, by the time our client’s daughter was ready to send the information, the letter from CRA was lost.

Scarrow Yurman & Co helped by calling CRA on behalf of the client’s daughter. We obtained the fax number, the CRA department, and the reference number needed to process the letter.

Much relieved, our client’s daughter was able to fax the receipts even though the original letter from CRA was lost.

Taxation Services